THE RULE: DISALLOWED WORDS – NO “GOD MODE SPEECH”.
—E-Prime does not allow the conjugations of the verb “to be”, such as “be”, “am”, “is”, “are”, “was”, “were”, “been”, “being”; the archaic forms of to be (e.g. “art”, “wast”, “wert”), or the contractions of to be (e.g. “I’m”, “he’s”, ” she’s”, or “they’re”).—
REVERSAL: ALLOWED WORDS
—become; has; have; having; had (I’ve; you’ve), do; does; doing; did
can; could, will; would (they’d), shall; should, ought, may; might; must
TRANSLATE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS INTO E-PRIME.
1) The cat is black.
2) Where have you been?
3) They were at the movies.
4) Where is john? He’s digging a ditch.
5) To be or not to be, That is the question.
EPrime (E’) is harder to use than you’d think. It takes about three weeks to get it down in writing. Another three weeks to start to speak it. But it’s the first step in speaking operationally: Using A Consistent Frame Of Reference (point of view) when narrating a sequence of human actions, and thereby demonstrating that you know of what you speak. 🙂
EXERCISES – SUGGESTION AND DECEPTION
Take a few SJW or other group criticisms and try to figure out what stated judgements, suggested substitutions, informational omissions, the individual is using to affect our interpretation of COSTS. (morality)
1) Stated Judgements (added by the speaker)
2) Suggested Substitutions (phrasing asking you to substitute information not stated) – my favorite is the NAP.
3) Intentional omissions (not stated by the speaker, and not suggested, but obscured)
4) Misinformation/Disinformation (intentional misdirections)
5) Saturation (Attempt to create evidence by your own resorting to intuition using all of the above.)
EXERCISES – PROPERTY IN TOTO
Make a list of property-in-toto categories.
Revisit your sjw criticisms above.
Attempt to discern what the speaker is attempting to steal from those categories using the methods of deception 1-5 above.