Apr 27, 2017 9:56am
THE PROFITABILITY OF DIFFERENT ORDERS, AND THE COST OF EACH
—“Curt: What is your opinion on feudalism?”—
- Sovereigns are more profitable than citizens,
- citizens more profitable than freemen,
- freemen more profitable than serfs,
- serfs more profitable than slaves, s
- laves more profitable than enemies.
One must educate and develop recipes (techniques), manners, ethics, morals, common law, natural law, institutions of cooperation (truth, contract, money, banking, interest, and sheriff, judge, militia, and army, and freedom of association, marriage, markets, markets for commons, and cities) in order to evolve from command(slavery) to feudalism(serfdom), to republic(freemen), to monarchy(citizens), to aristocracy (sovereigns).
That requires a great deal of time, and effort. But civilizing man is a profitable enterprise. It is the most profitable enterprise we have yet discovered.