ALL THREE OF THESE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE (And obvious.)
1) Libertarians(7%) are smarter than Liberals(25%).
2) Republicans(26%) are smarter than Democrats(29%).
3) Liberals(25%) are smarter than Conservatives(36%).
Why? Increases in size of groups regresses to the mean. (Again, obvious). Smaller groups of educated people will test higher than larger groups.
PROBLEMS WITH ALL SUCH MEASUREMENTS
1) People, but men in particular, do not mature (in IQ) until 22 (at least).
2) We have no test of adult IQ, only children.
3) We tend to use SAT scores as a proxy for IQ. (Good but subset)
4) We tend to use degrees as a proxy for IQ. (Bad proxy)
5) We cannot match SAT and Degrees to Political Preference.
6) We can only survey REPORTED Political Affiliation with REPORTED degree.
7) The vast majority of degrees are (a) ‘nonsense’ degrees (gut courses) and of those the vast majority are (b) by women.
8) The vast majority of advanced degrees are equally nonsense degrees (education, etc). And a disproportionate number of men do not pursue degrees since the trades do not require them.
9) The gender gap is large and ever increasing. Meaning white marrieds, and males against unmarried women of all groups and minorities (who are no longer minorities).
THE REAL ANSWER IS NOT INTELLIGENCE BUT GENDER
As far as I know the distributions are relatively normal
As far as I know gender is a better predictor than intelligence.
As far as I know the country is entirely red by men’s vote and almost entirely blue by women’s vote.
For this reason also: democrats and liberals dominate mental illness.
For this reason also: democrats and liberals report lower happiness.
May 19, 2018 9:42pm