1) Restatement of Myth as History
2) Projection of Traditional Wisdom as Authoritarian Law
3) Dependence upon Supernaturalism (“Magic”, “Miracle”)
4) Monopoly (exclusivity) and threat of loss for non compliance.
5) False Promise of Impossible(supernatural, natural) Reward for Compliance.
6) Use of Pilpul and Critique In Defense of the falsehoods.
7) Castes of Priests with status, power, and economic incentives to perpetuate the falsehoods.
8) Secret Knowledge, or Prohibition on Competing Knowledge, or Denial of contradictory knowledge.
9) Oath to a falsehood. Payment of Ritualistic costs to the falsehood. Payment of ‘donations’ (fees) to the priesthood.