—“Consistent findings across studies were that
– students of arts/humanities and psychology scored high on Neuroticism and Openness;
– students of political sc. scored high on Openness;
– students of economics, law, political sc., and medicine scored high on Extraversion;
– students of medicine, psychology, arts/humanities, and sciences scored high on Agreeableness; and
– students of arts/humanities scored low on Conscientiousness.
Effect sizes were calculated to estimate the magnitude of the personality group differences. These effect sizes were consistent across studies comparing similar pairs of academic majors. For all Big Five personality traits medium effect sizes were found frequently, and for Openness even large effect sizes were found regularly.”—-