LAW103 Testimonialism – The Method (“The Core”)
The completion of the scientific method is the foundation of the propertarian program.
But to understand that statement, we must first understand what we mean by science vs non-science, and that will take some doing.
Here is where we are going:
- Curt Doolittle is your instructor for this class.
- The class should take the equivalent of one college semester of work, meaning 45+ hours of content, and twice that in non-class time, of about 90 hours. and – Although in a typical one hour class, students attend 50 minutes, and work for 40-4. We will cover far more material than usual undergraduate classes and this work should be considered graduate level by comparison.
- Courses consist of sections. Sections consist of Lessons. Lessons consist of Topics. Assignments consist of questions that reinforce your understanding of one or more topics.
- We are not bound by the limits of traditional universities, so our course can vary in start and end date.
- I will refer you to Wiki, Stanford SEP, Amazon Reviews, Occasional Readings from our Digital Library of context.
- Assignments almost always consist of “research”, comparison, demonstration, argument, or opinion, not recitation or ‘quiz’.
- Bill Joslin and I (Curt) grade your work, and provide some support. (Bill is often a better ‘teacher’ than I am.)
- Grading Policy is on the FAQ page.
- Others may also contribute if we think it helpful.
- Please use your peers since it tends to accelerate both the you and the person assisting you.
The Beginning of Geometry of Language: A Basic Vocabulary
- High Context Low Precision, vs Low Context High Precision Languages.
- English vs german, vs russian, vs Chinese. (precision) English vs french, Italian, Russian in dimensions (content).
- Deflation, Disambiguation (Serialization),
- Common properties as ‘dimension’
- The Dimensions of Words in the English Language
- Dimensions as permissible content in speech.
Next Level Up: Speech
- Speech: Serial, Cumulative, Continuous, Recursive, Disambiguation.
- Context: networks of consistent relations, …
Next Level Up: Relations
- constant relations, contingent relations, inconstant relations, non-relations.
- differential, logical (competition for consistency)
- words as networks of relations
Next Up: Grammars
- Grammar (rules of continuous recursive disambiguation)
- the periodic table of speech
The Neural Economy
- The Homunculus: our nervous system.
- Faculties (physical (sensory), memory(prediction-imagination), intuitionistic(emotional), conscious(rational))
- nerves and the division of labor,
- neurons, layers, recursion, and coalescence of continuous experience over limited time frames, bounded by short term memory and white matter.
- Systems 0,1,2,3.(the elephant=want/value) continuous recursive prediction(Intuition and experience) and steering (rider)
- The Neural Economy and its trade offs.
- Frustration(agitation) budgets.
- Limits to Introspection
Next Level Up: Levels of Reason
- Dreaming, Daydreaming, Free association, Thinking, Reasoning, Calculating, and Calculating.
Next Level Up
- the recipe for testing the truthfulness of speech
- how lies are constructed and defeated.
- Mathematics: Identity, construction, construction and deduction, excluded middle, elimination, exhaustion.
- Logic: Identity, deduction, induction, abduction,
- The Universal Epistemic Method
- Via positiva and via negativa: market competition.
- Prosecutorial presumption of falsehood
- Truth and Decidability
- Demand for Truth
- Constant Relations and Consistency
- Language as Measurement
- The Homunculus Vocabulary
- Neural Economy, Cognition, Negotiation and Man.
- Natural Grammar: Continuous Recursive Disambiguation resulting transactions.
- Speaking of Meaning, Agreement, and Due Diligence
- Deflation, Inflation, Conflation, Obscurantism
- The Deflationary Method: Serialization and Competition
- The Grammars: Deflationary, Ordinary, Inflationary, Conflationary.
- The Dimensions of Testimony necessary for due diligence
- The Logics Deflated. Empiricism Deflated
- Operational Language (ePrime)
- Warranty and Restitution as Limits
- A higher standard of truthfulness and a broader standard of lie.
- The methods and grammars of deceit.
- Wester Deflationary Truth, Truth Before Face vs Semitic Pilpul and Critique, Face before truth, or ends regardless of means and consequences.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level Graduate Level
- Language English
- Students 5
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes